WHAT IS THE CAREER COACH PROGRAM?
The Career Coach Program (CCP) provides an opportunity for experienced, professional volunteers to work directly with Summer Search participants by supporting their career exploration and helping them develop the hard and soft skills required to secure an internship or job. CCP allows Summer Search post-secondary participants and recent alumni to benefit from the caring support, professional skills and experiences of our Coaches. Together, each pair will work to prepare participants as they make informed decisions about their career development and trajectory.
We are currently recruiting for our Spring Guided Career Milestone Program. More information on this tier below and application at the link below.
2023-2024 Career Coach Program Tiers
This year we are piloting a new model that is broken into tiers to help facilitate the most effective relationship for our participant and coaches. We're excited to both expand the career coach program while also creating more specificity and clarity for participants and coaches so that everyone is getting the most out of the program and having their needs in this moment met.
This structure was informed by participant and coach feedback from the past few years but we will continue to ask for feedback throughout the year on how this new model is going. The top tiers, Career Coaching and Guided Career Milestones, are considered a part of our Career Coach Program. Single Need Support and Career Exploration are part of our general career supports at Summer Search and still available to those who participate in our Career Coaching Program. Click below to see more details on each.
- Individualized mentoring with holistic, field specific support and thought partnership
Training provided on owning and leveraging relationship
- Content delivered through Career Coaches
- Runs from September 2023 - June 2024
- Meet 2x per month
- Application required for participation.
- Match on CONNECT (by Summer Search staff) to complete common career needs with deadlines
- Follows guidebook and gives feedback
- Content delivered through Career Guides
- Runs twice a year. September - December 2023 and January - May 2024
- Potential to have more than one participant per guide
- Application required for participation
- Informational interviews, connections, resume review, interview support
- Content delivered to external volunteers
- Completed on an ad-hoc basis as requests take place
- Outreach to Summer Search staff for participation
- To be a part of our volunteer pool to be considered for one off opportunities please complete this form.
- Events, shadowing, networking
- Content delivered through Summer Searching programming
- Timing: On going throughout the year
- Summer Search will outreach about these opportunities as they arise
WHAT KIND OF TIME COMMITMENT IS THIS?
Summer Searchers and volunteers should plan to participate in an initial hour long info session (via Zoom), attend the Kick Off Event (about 2 hours) and spend about 2 hours a month working together.
January 11 at 5 pm EST- Virtual Info Session for Guided Career Milestone Spring Session. Register here. (One info session is required for participation)
January 22 at 12 pm EST - Virtual Info Session for Guided Career Milestone Spring Session. Register here. (One info session is required for participation)
February 5th at 5 pm EST - Kick Off Event for Guided Career Milestone Spring Session (Virtual)
February 2024 - Mid Year Check Ins for Career Coach Participants and Coaches with staff
June 2024 - Career Coach Program (Coaches and Guides) Ends
Ready to apply?
Applications are open now!