VISIONS SErvice Adventures
VISIONS Service Adventures (VISIONS) is a summer experiences partner and is a twelve-day service work and conservation experience on the Blackfeet Reservation in Browning, Montana.
Live on a ranch amid the rolling grasslands of the Blackfeet Reservation in northwestern Montana. Work on conservation and building projects that serve the Blackfeet Indian tribe. Attend the annual powwow, try your hand at beading and horseback riding, learn about native plants and explore this incredible part of the Northern Rockies.
Living, working, and hanging out with Blackfeet tribal members in their ancestral lands offers unforgettable insights into the generosity, wisdom, and 10,000-year-old culture of the Plains Indians.
See the program in action:
- Blackfeet Reservation, Browning, Montana
Program Length: 12 day (2 weeks)
Courses and Dates:
- August 12 to August 25, 2024
Participant Mix: Summer Searchers from Seattle and Boston will attend this program.
Accommodations: Rustic dorm style living, sharing a bedroom with another student of same gender identity
Bathrooms: Outhouse bathrooms
Phone Access: You'll have NOT access to your phone throughout the program
COVID Policy: TBA
Travel (Out of State): Summer Search will provide flight transportation to participants attending. (a government-issued ID is required!)
- Engage in immersive service projects with Blackfeet community such as elder care (assisting with home upkeep), reservation restoration (repair fences and building, remove invasive plant species and more), and food service (serving meals for Children's Nutrition Program).
- Participate in horseback riding, hiking, workshops with traditional crafts, rock climbing, and swimming.
- Sleep in ranch house or bunk house unless camping in front or back country.
students will get from this experience...
- Every day brings a fresh adventure as you pick from worksites, like elders’ home repairs, wheelchair ramps, preparing and delivering meals to kids, taking care of puppies at the local shelter, and working with native ecosystems.
- Surrounded by beauty above and all around you, connect with the land, yourself and your team as stories are swapped around the campfire.
- Whether you are an experienced rock climber or a first timer, or even terrified of heights, there are routes for every ability level.
This experience could be a good fit if you...
- Have a strong grasp of English language.
- Have a serious interest in immersive service projects.
- Some interest in exploring the outdoors and adventuring outside.