SCHOOL & COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Summer Search works to ensure every student has every opportunity to achieve their potential in school, work, and life.
Our valued partners enable us to make this vision a reality.
Through partnerships with schools, districts, and community-based organizations, Summer Search works with more than 8,000 students in the Bay Area, Boston, Philadelphia, New York City, and Seattle.
Summer Search programs support students with staying in school and excelling in their academics. We integrate into your community and offer positive long-term support systems for students.
HOW YOU CAN PARTNER WITH US
Staff in schools and community-based organizations volunteer as champions and partners, who:
- Promote the program with staff and students;
- Support student recruitment;
- Partner with Summer Search mentors in helping students fulfill their goals;
- Connect Summer Search staff with relationships and resources to deliver the program, like access to campus for peer group mentoring sessions.
Partners can expect Summer Search to provide students:
- A commitment to their safety and wellbeing;
- Consistent, uninterrupted support from cadre of trained, professional mentors and post-secondary advisors;
- Clear expectations for program engagement;
- An approach to mentoring that is trauma-informed and developmentally appropriate;
- Opportunities, including two full scholarships to experiential summer education programs, tailored post-secondary services and access to a lasting support network.
Partners can expect Summer Search to provide them:
- Clear information about the program, recruitment goals and eligibility requirements;
- Collaboration to plan and execute recruitment strategies;
- Compliance with school and district safety protocols and staff background checks;
- Communication about what summer experience opportunities are available for students;
- General information about student progress;
- Opportunities for feedback to strengthen our partnership and improve the Summer Search program.
Summer Search expects partners will:
- Permit Summer Search to host information and recruitment sessions at schools;
- Make private space available for program activities, like group mentoring sessions;
- Provide Summer Search staff access to wifi and equipment as needed to facilitate sessions;
- Provide access to records and information that can help the mentor support the student toward their goals.
If your school is interested in becoming a partner, please contact your local Summer Search office.
If you are already a school partner and wish to nominate a student (or to find out if Summer Search currently recruits from your high school), please contact your local Summer Search team.