SUBSCRIBE TO FUTURE UPDATES
for Justice & Equity
It Starts with a Conversation
Reflecting on our 30+ years of experience mentoring young people of color and first-generation students, Summer Search embraces our ongoing obligation to support our larger community in navigating through deeper conversations on racial justice.
Our Championing for Justice and Equity (CJE) series is a three-year initiative offering community discussions with thought leaders and opportunities to learn, build trust, and take action.
Racially Speaking: The Future of Work
June 15 - Noon ET / 9am PT
In March we discussed corporate America’s role in advancing racial equity, and what tools we have as individuals to achieve that equity.
In June, we examine The Future of Work. Our panel of experts discuss:
- What will job opportunities look like in the next 10 years?
- How can we close the perceived career-readiness gap for Americans from low-income backgrounds?
- How can companies create more diverse talent pipelines?
Stay tuned for the recording and resources.
The Art and Science of Education Equity
September 28, 2021
More details to come.
Thank You For Supporting CJE
Our Speakers & Special Guests
The year 2020...it hurt. We launched our Black Lives Matter Community Series to bring the Summer Search community together to heal, learn, and take action. That series has evolved into our CJE initiative.
Throughout this series, we will discuss the importance of listening, receiving feedback, reflecting on our own actions and those of others, and using diplomacy.
This three-year initiative is designed to:
- Support our larger community to gain greater understanding on inclusion, diversity, and innovation;
- Promote healing, minimize harm, and create a sense of belonging for all in the larger community;
- Work with experts in the larger community to build practices that deepen understanding of differences and further increase collaboration.
BLM Community Series 2020
How to Get Involved
CONTRIBUTE TO THIS WORK
Below are some additional ways to contribute to the organizing work that's taking place in our communities, for our causes and resources for deepening our learning. It's important that in this time, we not only check in with each other, but also with ourselves to care for our spirit as we move through this together.