Careers, Internships, & Community Engagement Opportunities
For Summer Search Philly Participants & Alums
Please note: I highly recommend letting Robert or your mentor know if you are interested or do apply for a position as Summer Search often has connections with the organizations.
For additional information, check out our Postsecondary resources page here.
Last update: 10/28/2021
Current Internship Opportunities:
*Click on each headline to expand description*
Let’s Get Ready is hiring a Virtual Access Coach for a paid, part-time internship opportunity. Virtual Access Coaches are on the frontlines of educational justice as educators, role models, and mentors who provide support for students to navigate the math, verbal, or both sections of the SAT and are comfortable creating meaningful relationships with high school students through virtual means. The position will run from January 2022 through early May 2022. You can find more information and apply at: https://phennd.org/update/virtual-access-coach-lets-get-ready-nov-1/
Paragon One is collaborating with Pfizer to launch a Talent Acquisition Strategy Remote Externship! This is a GREAT chance to explore a creative career in HR, recruiting and diversity & inclusion, as well as work with a leading international brand. It is Part-time time (10 hours/week for 7 weeks), Running from 10/25 with $500 stipend at completion. Apply at: https://www.paragonone.com/externships/talent-acquisition-strategy-remote-externship?referrer=SendGridEduPartners
Current Apprenticeship Opportunities:
Get PAID and get your Associate's Degree for FREE!
GSK is hiring for four apprentices in their Upper Merion location:
- Logistics Associate - helping to manage the supply chain so that patients receive their life-saving medicines.
- Biopharmaceutical associate - ensuring GSK biopharmaceutical manufacturing systems are working efficiently and keeping the highest standards or quality and safety.
- Calibration and instrumentation technician - operate, maintain and install electronic instrumentation used for the operation of the biopharmaceutical process facility.
- Maintenance mechanic - play a vital role in performing preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of biopharmaceutical process equipment.
Launchcode’s apprenticeship program accepts applications on a rolling basis! This program is geared towards individuals who have coding experience and are seeking entry level roles in the tech field. We help connect these individuals with paid apprenticeships with our company partners in the area. Four out of five apprentices go on to transition to full time employment.
Seeking Skilled students with data science, computer science, UI/UX, instructional design, and/or product management focus. Time commitment of 1-2 days of work per week for 8 weeks, followed by 1-2 consecutive two-week sprints this summer. GVC is committed to diversity in the workplace. Students would be working for a global EdTech company. These will be primarily undergraduate or graduate students but could also be talented STEM students from community colleges. Students will work on the most strategic projects in his group alongside world class talent. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. The link to the application can be found at: https://airtable.com/shr1VVIiJEVRNJgWE
Current/Additional Summer Opportunities:
Fab Youth Philly is made up of youth workers, artists, trainers, curriculum developers, graphic designers, social media experts and others; all of whom have experience working with youth-serving and nonprofit organizations. We are hiring! Interviews will take place virtually; training and employment will be in-person following Covid-19 safety protocols. Candidates must be available to work in a variety of outdoor conditions on a daily basis. Some of our internship opportunities are paid, where others can be done for credit or as a volunteer. Apply at: https://www.fabyouthphilly.com/job-openings
REC is on a mission to empower creative entrepreneurs to do more of what they love. We are a unit, composed of positive team players, who are deeply connected to REC’s mission. REC is looking for a Community Assistant. During this educational internship experience, you will learn the basics behind the various resources artists use across multiple mediums, as well as how to best support artists in their creative journeys. Apply at: https://recphilly.com/careers/
Current Career Opportunities
The Pennsylvania College Advising Corps (PCAC) places recent college graduates in partner high schools to serve as full-time College Advisers for two years. PCAC aims to increase the number of low-income, first-generation college, and underrepresented students entering and completing higher education.
College Advisers support high school students and their families throughout career exploration, college application and admission, and financial aid processes, meeting with students in both one-on-one group settings.
The Operations Manager supports the management of Juvenile Law Center’s human resources, administrative, financial, and IT functions. The Operations Manager must be a problem-solver, a strategic and organized thinker, demonstrate initiative, and be able to work well while managing multiple tasks simultaneously. The Operations Manager must be able to work with all staff, contractors, and partners within their role. This position requires proficient oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders including staff, board members, foundation staff, vendors and consultants, donors and potential donors; excellent interpersonal and research skills; financial management skills; and the ability to work effectively in a team. This position supports the work of the Chief Operating Officer and other senior leadership staff as needed.
Current Community Engagement Opportunities
- Understanding the importance of reviewing one’s credit report and the steps to take to find and dispute errors
- Prioritizing your debts
- Best practices for paying off credit card debt and improving your credit score
- Exploring choices of last resort for out-of-control debt
You can also see all upcoming webinars from PFCU at:
Career, Internship, and Job Websites:
- Campus Philly Job Listings
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance Job Bank of Listings
- Indeed.com – Great job aggregator
- GlassDoor – Search millions of jobs and get the inside scoop on companies with employee reviews, personalized salary tools, and more.
- Summer Search CONNECT – view job listings and connect with other Summer Search Alumni/Professionals
- Google Jobs and Internships: they are always hiring and have internship opportunities - Find out more at the link.
- Deloitte SHINE Associates: for recent college graduates interested in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- City Year: Join a team of young people working in schools across the country to support students and make change.
- Americorps: variety of service year opportunities are available in many different locations and areas. Learn more at the website and explore what could be a good fit for you.
- PA Career Link: State organization that connects people with career preparation and good trade programs. Be sure to register for an account with them, and contact the Philadelphia office. You can also email them at email@example.com
- Job Corps: a free job training program. Check out the Philadelphia Center.
- Philly Career Launch - resources and programming related to the Job Search by the Free Library of Philadelphia
- internX provides highly qualified, pre-screened entry-level talent for the employer and on-ramps to 21st Century quality jobs for the student.
The Temple University Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative is currently recruiting adult job seekers for a FREE 10-week workforce readiness program called: NOW Professional Development Program! Participants enrolled in our 10-week NOW Professional Development Program don’t have to pay any enrollment fees, their participation in NOW is totally free – – fully covered by Temple University!
More information is available at: http://phennd.org/update/now-professional-development-program-starts-sep-30/?
Reach out to a professional or alumni through LinkedIn or CONNECT to discuss their career journey and ask questions about their career to help you better understand opportunities and your interests.