To apply, email resume to our recruiting firm partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1990, we are Summer Search.
Summer Search is an organization of individuals, partners, and contributors who believe that young people, regardless of circumstance or identity, can take flight.
High School sophomores from the Bay Area, Boston, New York, Seattle, and Philadelphia apply to become Summer Searchers.
Summer Searchers embrace their identity, explore purpose, and leverage collaboration to realize their passions.
Our Program convenes the practical and purposeful and prioritizes well-being.
Supported by their full-time mentors, Summer Searchers rise with experiential learning, mentorship, and thoughtful preparation for adulthood.
Summer Searchers set and achieve milestones, create success, and face-off against true and real world challenges like systemic inequity, discrimination, and climate change.
We are seeking an individual to become the next Executive Director for our community in New York City.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Director (ED) will lead the vision, overall strategy, and direction of Summer Search New York. The ED is the lead relationship and coalition-builder who spearheads fundraising efforts, program outcomes, and builds the Summer Search network in New York and beyond. The ED will have ultimate oversight of a $5.327MM revenue target and manage 38 FTE.
The ED creates and grows the organizational infrastructure necessary to execute on the strategic direction and priorities; including evaluating program execution, preparing and monitoring the budget, setting clear success metrics, and ensuring alignment with the organization’s mission. The ED has a comprehensive approach to leadership and will actively engage with their staff, foster collaboration and productivity, while championing an inclusive work environment. They are a visionary leader as well as a skilled operator and can straddle strategic planning and implementing operational efficiencies. The ED of Summer Search understands the importance of our mission and EDIB and how to imbed these values in all facets of work.
Organizational Leadership & Strategy
- Provide vision for Summer Search New York and lead the development of long-term strategy, execution, and annual work plans;
- Strengthen organizational vision; develop and implement plans and goals in partnership with the CEO and Board;
- Guide and oversee the overall tactical leadership of the organization including operations, programming, advocacy, fundraising, and finances;
- Create a cohesive, collaborative, and supportive workplace environment; developing the staff, providing clear direction and performance management, and ensuring strong accountability for work assignments;
- Represent the New York site on the Senior Management Team and serve as a leader in the Executive Director Cohort;
Fundraising & Financial Management
- Build relationships and manage communications with donors to advance the programs of Summer Search;
- Develop and implement an engagement and brand awareness plan to represent the needs of Summer Search New York’s program and communities served, with an outcome of reasonable resource development goals;
- Formulate and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to support donor engagement and fund development;
- Oversee sound financial management for the region, partnering with the Board of Directors and National office to build and manage the annual regional budget.
Community Engagement and Advocacy
- Represent the Summer Search brand and serve as the lead media spokesperson for Summer Search New York;
- Advocate on behalf of Summer Search and help educate the public about the need for and impact of youth mentorship;
- Champion and advance Summer Search’s internal equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging efforts; equipping staff and partners with the resources and knowledge necessary to manage courageous conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion that lead to action and results.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible roles, including executive management positions in the nonprofit sector
- Alignment with the mission of Summer Search and a strong passion for improving the outcomes of youth
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse team of staff members with an inclusive approach that fosters high performance and professional growth
- Demonstrated fundraising expertise and success
- Ability to set a strategic vision and execute upon it through fiscal management, organizational, and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of varied and changing constituencies including staff members, board members, donors, volunteers, and the like
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is an exempt position with a starting pay rate of $172,000. Summer Search is committed to transparent, equitable compensation practices. Salaries are benchmarked using current market data and salary bands are created to demonstrate the growth potential within the band. Typically, offers are made at the starting place of the salary band. The Hiring Manager partners with the Talent Team to ensure offers are appropriate, competitive and maintain internal equity.
Well-being, flexibility, and ongoing learning and development are pillars of our culture. We value our staff and are committed to creating an environment where every individual feels seen, heard and valued. Investments in our staff include:
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 18 holidays (2 floating holidays of your choice, a birthday day-off, 10 company-wide holidays, and a 1-week December closure). Plus, Re-Fresh Friday’s - a paid half day off the first Friday of every month!
- A comprehensive Employee Recognition Program (years of service awards, spot awards, and professional development funding).
- A four-week paid sabbatical after five years of continuous employment.
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care/community care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve.
To apply, email resume to our recruiting firm partner, email@example.com